Saturday, January 26, 2013

The Choirmaster: Honey, I'm a Priest

“Honey, I’m a priest; I wash my hands with sin, stuff my pillow with sin, and rest my foot on dark sin. They ordained me to walk among sinners, eat with them, sing with them, dance with them, and still come out praising God. I’ll attend the Calebs’ party. I’ll not spoil Jane’s day. After that, my destination will be Michael and Eva’s home, if they’re still together. Do you want to join me, dear?”

“I don’t want to be intoxicated on palace wine. Moreover, unlike you, a priest, I’ve no insurance against sin.”

“Well, the Cross is your insurance.”

“I don’t want to be like Disciple Peter who overexposed himself and denied Christ, thrice, as a result. Honey, if you choose to explore the muddy waters of Mud Valley, I’ll escape with my children. They’re beginning to ask questions, hear things from their friends, and talk their language.”

“You’re becoming a bigot, honey.”

“No. It’s about 2 Corinthians 6:14. You’re trained to handle the hazards, my children aren’t.”

Joseph R. Alila, The Choirmaster (A Spiritual Tragedy).

No comments: